Hey Brock, it’s your twelfth birthday. I don’t know how time can go so fast. There are so many things that I love about you. You are kind and funny. You are loving and compassionate. You are brilliant and inquisitive. You are so far beyond anything I ever dreamed of in a son. I love that you are in a D&D group. I love that you and your friends call yourselves nerds. I will never understand why you watch other people play video games on Youtube, but I see your passion for games. It would be so easy to come up with a list of 12 things that I love about you. However this year, as we travel closer to the teenage years I wanted to let you know 12 things that I pray for you.
Here you go my little man:
- I pray you will never let fear hold you back from doing anything. There are so many things I missed out on because I was scared. There are so many things I did just because they were easy. Don’t fall into that trap. I pray that God proves to you that He casts out all fear.
- I pray that as you study what you love, science and technology, you become more and more impressed with God. You are actually studying his handy work! Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. People think that only fools believe in God, but God says that the beginning of all wisdom and knowledge starts with knowing Him. Believe God.
- I pray you would dream big dreams. You are capable of more than you can possibly comprehend at this moment. Dream big and then let God show you the way.
- I pray you will always love the Lord. You don’t really remember what life was like in our family before God, but trust me, loving the Lord is always the right answer.
- I pray you will learn to speak up for yourself. You are a child of the Most High God. Your voice matters. I think God gave you a mom like me so you could learn how to be heard even when someone is always talking. You have to speak up even if you are scared.
- I pray you will always love to read. Reading is truly a gift and stories can teach us so much.
- I pray you will always be dancing. You are phenomena on the dance floor.
- I pray you and dad will always geek out over anything that has an “ON” switch.
- I pray you and your sister will always enjoy being friends. That is such a gift.
- I pray you feel loved little man. I pray you know how much you mean to us.
- I pray you feel secure in our home. I pray this is the place you launch from toward things unknown, but also the place you come back to so your mama can give you a big hug and a smooch.
- Most of all I pray you will know the Lord is crazy about you. When you are secure in that buddy, the sky is the limit for you.
Happy Birthday, Brock! You are my favorite part of the day.
Love you always, even when you don’t do your homework,